Thursday, July 31, 2008

From the very beginning - a very good place to start...

June 2001
I was young.  Not even 20 yet.  I would be starting my junior year of college in the fall, but this June I was beginning a new job.  Wireless, the place to be right?  I knew that morning I was going to training and there would be another new person who would be doing the same job as me in the same store.  I was excited to meet her.  Class began and she was nowhere to be found.    We went around the room and introduced ourselves.  I knew her name so I listened - and no one said that name - she was not there.  I should have judged her for that.  She was late.  About 5 mins later she bounded into the room wearing a sundress, full of excuses as to why she wasn't there on time.  I should have judged her for that.  I should have placed judgement on that sundress.  A little under dressed and a little revealing for a first impression, but whatever.  Some how we hit it off from the start.  She was older than me, married, with a little girl.  She drove a minivan.  We went to lunch with all the people in the class and she talked and talked about how perfect her little life was.  Great, I love happy people.  I am glad to have met this new friend!

Everyday she was there.  Everyday she was happy for me to come to work.  I was only part-time so I was kinda like a 4 hour Soap break for the housewives.  I could talk to her about anything it seemed and she was supportive and excited when she needed to be and sympathetic and full of advice when I needed that.  She was like the best older sister ever.  I could tell her anything and she wouldn't run off and tell Mom and Dad.  I told her all about my awesome boyfriend.  He and I had been dating for about a year and a half at that point.  I loved him so much.  

More later.....
xxoo,
frootie!

No comments: