Wednesday, December 31, 2008
Thursday, December 25, 2008
Me: Did you finish your tropical punch?
Turkey: *with sass* YES *grin*
Me: *with sass* Can you throw the pouch away then?
Turkey: *with sass* NO
Me: Well, it would be awesome if you would *grin*
Turkey: Whatever! *then she throws it away*
Merry Christmas to all and to all a good night!
Tuesday, December 23, 2008
-a party at Rebecca's tonight where I am going to get to see folks I haven't seen in over a year!
-Uh, well, truth told i don't have anything tomorrow until Midnight Mass....but I want to go to that too.
-Christmas Day - Grandma, Grandpa, Ruthie, and Rachel are driving from Virginia. Clearly, the weather needs to be not snowy and icy for that!
-Friday-Sunday we are going to C's mom's house with the Turkey! I am so very excited! I can't wait to spend 3 days with that little girl! Oh my goodness, it is going to be so wonderful!
-I am planning a trip to Ikea in Cincy.
-New Year's Eve all I am planning on doing is hanging with C - so I guess the weather doesn't really matter BUT...
-New Year's day at the Lake to Celebrate Christmas with Mama and Nannie and Daddy and Papaw....and C! So on Jan 1, I need good weather! I need happy traveling sunshine and temps above freezing OR below freezing and no slick spots or snow.
Anyway folks - it's going to be a busy and FUN FUN FUN 10 days....All I am asking for is happy weather!
Monday, December 22, 2008
- I think something in C's brain ain't wired right. He called a bit ago and was singing a silly song about getting me a Christmas present and me not knowing what it is. He's cute.
- I bought some vegan pepperoni and salami the other day. I am eating the pepperoni right now and oh my gosh! I have missed pepperoni.
- 2 things you can't say around Turkey because "that's not nice": Oh my God and Shut up Grandma. Now you know.
- I had the best weekend.
- It's flipping cold outside. It's 9, uh, 9 degrees.
Wednesday, December 17, 2008
Tuesday, December 16, 2008
- My favorite Christmas Movies are: Old - Christmas Vacation New - Elf
- When I was a kid I could never ever sleep on Christmas Eve. I knew if I went to sleep Christmas would come faster...but I just couldn't do it! I think this year is going to be the same way. I am so excited!
- Christmas Music is my favorite kind of music. I used to love the Christmas Concerts at school, at church, in my car.....
- I loved Honey Baked Ham heated in the skillet until it got dry on can biscuits. Yum. Now I don't eat meat....Sad.
- I was a really bad kid. I always knew what I was getting for Christmas. I don't know that I ever had a Christmas where I didn't know what I was getting. This year will be the first.
- I remember a year when we lived in Texas....we drove all the way from there to KY to see family. It was long and horrible. I really don't want to do that to my kids. I always had a great time once we got where we were going, but, jeez the driving!
- The most awful Christmas Break memories.... Bad hair - forever documented by Rebecca and I in photos. Oh my gosh! The one year - Middle School time-frame with the hideous sweatshirts and greasy bangs.
- I have always had a tacky Christmas tree....A lot of colors, a lot of glitter, a lot of ornaments!
- My family stockings say: Norma O, Larry O, and Hillary O. When Mom and Daddy got married I called Daddy "Daddy O" so we all became O-people....
- This Christmas is going to be SO AWESOME.
Monday, December 15, 2008
Monday, December 8, 2008
- Canon EOS 50d with the 28-135mm lens
- A few Marriott rewards points
- Wool Socks from Sam's. You know the ones I like. I will have to remember to roll them so that the cute boyfriend doesn't have an aneurysm.
- A new charger for my old G4. Abbey broke mine 2 years ago and I am thinking the duct tape fix might not work much longer.
- A cruise for 2. Santa you can go with me, I guess...but I would rather take that cute boyfriend of mine. (totally a joke) but maybe since Mama Norma is wanting to get her passport - we can all go!
- Gift card to Sushi on the Rocks downtown...if we can't go on a cruise...we can eat sushi. It's just as good.
- Puppy Cookies
- a new jar of Skippy All Natural peanut butter - one they don't have to share with Mom.
- North Pole ice cubes
- New Kong toys
- An Elf
Thursday, December 4, 2008
Wednesday, December 3, 2008
Tuesday, December 2, 2008
Wednesday, November 26, 2008
Ry and Joseph got here this morning around 1am. I am so glad they came. I had the best time with them.
This is a really boring post for a really great day....Sorry - I am tired. Too many Bourbons and Mimosas.....
Tuesday, November 25, 2008
Here is a summary of yesterday and Sunday.
- C and I went hunting for a Christmas tree for his house. We heard that Garden Ridge had trees for $25 and we got excited....but wait, they were liars. They had something for $25 but no way in h-e-double hockey sticks would it pass as a Christmas tree for us!
- Ha Ha - it is kinda sad but Sunday really only needs one bullet point! The rest of the day we watched football and snoozed.
- C didn't have an appointment until 11a so we stayed in bed extra long and then got up and ate Cinnamon rolls. He is a pro at those!
- I went over to Bec's to see the kiddos and we had a fun time. We ate a Fazoli's and went to Wal-Mart! PaR-TaY! Lukers was being silly. He fixed my hair and then he didn't want me to leave when it was time for me to go. Apparently today he is asking where I am and if he gets to see me today. No, Lukers - tomorrow. Tomorrow we will all be at the beach together. You may see me then!
- Last night we watched Wall-E - it was adorable and we also watched 300. I really liked 300. Go figure....I hadn't seen it yet because of all the violence and it was a movie that I really enjoyed!
Ok! Now for the Ten on Tuesday: 10 things about about my vacation so far
10. Flying out of Bluegrass Airport....Rocks. No wait anywhere! I had only one super cute family in front of my in line at the check-in counter. At the security checkpoint, the people were super nice. Check out that southern hospitality!
9. Tiny planes suck. I was in row 12....which was the very last row in the tiny plane I was flying in. I did get to sit next to an awesome Golden Girl. She was a sweet pea. She asked me if I was in college and complimented me on how young I look. Woohoo!
8. At the Atlanta Airport, in Terminal D....The bathrooms are really clean (or appear to be). I seriously considered hanging in my stall rather than coming to these airport seats....
7. I am very pleased with my Starbucks Espresso Truffle drink. I know that Starbucks is Starbucks - but you do have to have a little bit of talent to make the drinks spectacular!
6. It is cold in this airport. I got way too hot on my last flight - ie my back got super sweaty - so now I am chillin.
5. There is a young girl breastfeeding next to me. Wow! Motherhood is amazing and I am proud of her for not being shy about the wonder of life. Also, her little boy's name is Killian.
4. I applied for a new job today while I was waiting for my flight out of Bluegrass. I am really excited about it and I hope it works out. It will be a very scary change of pace - but I like scary.
3. C took care of me this weekend. I love that about him. I had a headache yesterday and he adviled me, and watered me, and took care of me. He even did my laundry. KEEPER.
2. About him being a keeper....Can I keep him for real? How did I end up with this boy? Aunt J needs a serious pat on the back.
1. I really wish he was with me right now. I know we need to be with our families....but goodness a whole week apart is going to be a pill. I miss him already and I love him so much.
Sunday, November 23, 2008
- I arrived around 10am - Turkey and I colored and chatted a bit. "I am going to get the crowns so that we may color together", "May you help me find my Strawberry Shortcake coloring book?", "We can't give up - If we work together we'll find it", "We used teamwork". Good stuff kids, good stuff.
- I finally went to see the Dark Knight. It was good. But, it was way too long. They could have made it 2 movies. But I enjoyed it because the popcorn was delish and there was lots of cuddling.
- We made appetizers for dinner. Homemade mozzarella sticks and wings. C had wings and I had meat-free/soy-free nuggets with buffalo sauce. Oh, and when I say we - I mean he. He always does the cooking.
Friday, November 21, 2008
Thursday, November 20, 2008
Tuesday, November 18, 2008
Monday, November 17, 2008
Sunday, November 16, 2008
Friday, November 14, 2008
Thursday, November 13, 2008
Sunday, November 9, 2008
- They were out of Wal-Mart brand shells and cheese.
- They were out of fat free Premium saltines.
- The price of a 4-pack of Rockstar has gone from $5.96 to $7.04 .
- The pharmacy closed right as I was walking up to buy some behind the counter cold medicine.
- When I got home, I poured myself a big cup of Seltzer water - oh yeah, after it sprayed all over me.
It is lonely while he's hunting. And, last I talked to him - he hasn't gotten anything. That's a bummer.
Thursday, November 6, 2008
Friday, October 31, 2008
Thursday, October 30, 2008
Wednesday, October 29, 2008
Tuesday, October 28, 2008
Last night I was chatting online with C. Turkey came in and said she wanted to chat with me too. So, he handed her his laptop and she began "chatting" away. It was too cute. She was just blah blah blah-ing away, it looked something like this: weoulagbadfoangaldfadbnadglkjfgna, alkdgdagbiaosfgldkgnorhynd, aoignfdagdk jewnrofjkfnasodlkpoert982742, etc. At one point C asked her "Turkey, what are you saying?" She responded, "that says 'I love H', daddy." So cute!!
Monday, October 27, 2008
Wednesday, October 22, 2008
Tuesday, October 21, 2008
Sunday, October 19, 2008
- May I have some of your pickle? Followed by her taking the tiniest bite out of the seed area.
- What does it taste like? Me: Popsicles E: May I taste it? Followed by her licking the top of the lid and then tasting and asking, May I have all of this?
- Hil-we, you want to color with me?
- Her acting shy then slowly coming closer to me on the couch and finally saying, Um, if it's alright may I sit in your lap?
- Seeing she and C interact. They make me happy.