1. Yesterday was Pie day! I announced it at work and my goobery asst manager said, "I'm wearing a Tie!" Pie day. Sigh. Giggle. Today is Peanut Butter day btw. I had a PBandH sandwich for my LATE dinner.
2. Nora has decided she doesn't want to wear pajamas. Or clothes really. She is almost always naked with a dipee in the morning and is constantly yanking at her shirts saying "off off!" Stripper. At least she has ambition.
3. Graham is a wonderful little nursling. Why couldn't Nora have nursed so easily and harmoniously? He just nurses and smiles and holds my finger. It is probably the most wonderful thing in my life that is quiet and relaxing. (Nora being the most wonderful thing that is loud and adorable and her daddy being the most wonderful thing that is insane and lovable oh yes, and Ella being the most wonderful sassy pants).
4. My team at work is finally meshing. I like that. Less stress for sure.
5. On Feb 4th I am going to paint a picture! Paint - like an artist! I can't wait! With Hil and TLo. Girl time, squeeeee!
6. I just realized I got honey on my sheets. sticky.
7. How much HGTV is healthy for a normal human being? Oh, so little? Yikes! Good thing, I AM NOT NORMAL.
8. I LOVE the show Revenge. Do you watch it? Doesn't it make you want to be rich and wear super fancy clothes? I would just want to be nice so Emily didn't feel the need to do nasty things to my family.
9. I sometimes wonder if my house will ever be organized and clutter free... I dream of a someday when it is. Annnnnd, then I am saddened realizing that I will be old and my babies will be grown when it probably happens.
10. I wish I could come up with something similar to FreeKaren -- anyone other than me remember that? FreeKaren, she was overloaded with credit card debt and she made a webpage where people donated to her and she listed all sorts of sh--CRAP on eBay and got herself out of debt fast. I need that. I also need my lawyer to get my lazy, fat ex to pay the money detailed in the divorce decree. Geezalou!
Today we said goodbye to a wonderful man. I am going to miss him so much. I wasn't a great grand-daughter lately, admittedly. I live so close and I have been *too busy* to visit enough. I wish I could go back and change that. Instead I have to hold my memories tight.
My Papaw Ray married my Nannie when I was 4ish. I don't remember a time in my life without him. Their wedding night he built me a tent instead of spending it with his new sweet wife because I wanted to stay with them and then I was sick all night. Go figure. He worked for Armored Car here in Lexington and I remember going to the headquarters where his office was and there was money stacked all over. It was so cool.
Every summer I spent a week with he and my Nannie down at Lake Cumberland. We bathed in the lake, boated (he let me drive), we stayed up late, and everyday he wrote me a love letter before he went to work. As far as I know, he wrote Nannie or Miss E as he called her, a love note everyday. I hope to someday get my hands on them. His handwriting was beautiful.
He was a Marine. Everyday he was a Marine. An member of the NRA and a lover and fearer of our God.
He loved me so much. He as a dream of a Grandpa. He was everything I could have wished for as a role model and friend.
In October we had a son. He carries on Papaw Ray's name as a middle name. I am so thankful that Graham Raymond Davis got to meet his great grandfather. I am so saddened that he won't get to shoot guns with him or hear about how much Jesus loves him from my Grandfather's mouth. Ray loved our Lord. I can't say that enough. God and Miss E. God, Miss E, and Me. God and Family. Times a thousand.
He will be missed. Everytime I look at my son now, I feel his namesake over my shoulder.
Little Cracker. You have a really cool guardian angel.
I decided since Graham is a little turd and Nora's growing so fast that I would try to take a photo a day for the year. Here's post 1 - with 8 photos.
New Year's Day
Turkey will appear when she is with us, but she hasn't been here since the first. We've has a really busy week since I went back to work and Clinton worked several long days. We'll see her face soon I hope!
So far things are going smoothly, but the kids aren't awake yet. I have already cuddled the baby (he decided that between my first alarm and my snooze that he should be cuddled) showered, blown hair dry, put on my makeup, and pumped. Now on to packing Baby G's stuff for daycare and waking up Nora. Oh boy.
Perhaps once I am back to the swing of things I can blog more. Being off work with a newborn apparently is too much work for me. Haha. I have no excuse other than pure adoration of my new baby and my toddler -- well -- and laziness for why NOTHING got done over the past almost 11 weeks. Oh well.
Have a great day - week - month - whatever - until I blog again.