Going to the UK/WKU game tonight. I am excited and I hope the weather is beautiful.
Saturday, September 27, 2008
Tuesday, September 23, 2008
10 about my childhood.
1. I didn't have cable tv until middle school. Not because we couldn't afford it or because it wasn't offered in our area - we didn't have it just because my parents knew we could live without it. We could and the world was fine. I watched Emergency 911, Beverly Hills 90210, and TGIF.
2. I spent several weeks a summer in Kentucky. Usually a week with each of my grandparents and 2 weeks with my dad and step mom. Each week was very different. At Nannie's we laked and played with puppies and watched Uncle Buck and Steel Magnolias over and over. At Grandma and Grandpa Jones' I ate 3 home cooked meals a day, went to Vacation Bible School, and watched Grandpa work. He upholstered furniture. At my dad's I went to the pool daily and OMG watched cable tv. Usually the disney channel, because it rawked!
3. I went to 4 school systems and lived in 3 different states. I went to 1st-6th grade in Durham, NC. I went to 7th and 8th grade in Grapevine, TX. I then moved back to NC and went to 9th grade and half of 10th grade in Roxboro, NC. Lastly, I went to the second half of 10th grade all the way thru graduation in Franklin, IN. I loved moving around. And now I love facebook and myspace because I can keep up with all those people who were in my life in all those schools.
4. I always knew what I was getting for Christmas. I always snooped and found all my presents. I just started being surprised the last 2 years. I hate surprises.
5. I took dance classes. Clogging, pointe ballet, and tumbling.
6. I had a huge crush on a boy named Guy Tomcheck. My parents called him Guy Upchuck.
7. I was on a city swim team in middle school. I loved practice and hated competing. I was too nervous.
8. I went to daycare everyday both before and after school from 1st thru 5th grade. It was called Land of the Little People. The bus picked me up there and dropped my off there. My "teacher's" name was Vic. I think I loved him. I wish I knew his last name so I could find him online and send him and email. He was a huge part of my life.
9. I got a cat as a gift for rocking as a 1st grader. He was an orange tabby named Nana or Nanners. I loved him. He lived for 16 years. He passed away when I was a senior in college. He almost was with me thru all of school. He was a great cat.
10. I got a dog when I moved to Texas. Her name was Buckie. She was an italian greyhound. My parents have had 2 more since. Tara and Kringle. Buck died in January of 2006. She was a good girl.
Now you know.
Monday, September 22, 2008
The line below is from the song Love Remains the Same by Gavin Rossdale.
"I never thought that I had anymore to give"
This is how I felt when Brad and I were going thru hard times and once I was alone. I didn't think I had anymore love to give to anyone else or to myself. I was sad and grey feeling on the inside. Well, I was wrong. I am learning - very quickly - that it is really easy to love both to give it and to receive it. Love has a never ending supply. All I have to do is grab some and give it out. It is a beautiful thing.
Sunday, September 21, 2008
Yesterday I got a call from Rachel. She told me that her HS boyfriend Charlie May had been killed in a motorcycle accident. It is so very sad for so many reasons. Charlie was a good kid. He was set to get married in November and it seemed like his life was just beginning. I feel horrible for his parents, his sister, and especially Stacey. I can't imagine being in her position. Having to bury the man that you love, the man that you were supposed to spend the rest of your life with. I just can't put myself in her shoes. I can't even begin to think about going home to my closet and seeing my wedding dress hanging there, looking at the photos on the wall of our recent engagement photo session....Having to cancel plans. It is just so very sad. I hope somewhere in all this that family and Charlie's friends (much closer friends than me) can find peace in the knowledge that he is in a better place.
Thursday, September 18, 2008
Here is the series:
H: you have no idea. I mean I suppose you do...
C: I do have somewhat of an idea, yes...
H: What do you know about me?
C: What do I know about you...a few things...you are a very passionate person, you have been hurt so you try to be very reserved when you think of me, but your passion keeps getting the best of you, you are a beautiful woman (inside and out) but I am probably the first to point out those qualities aside from family...you have no idea just how attractive and desirable you actually are...and when you fall, you will jump in with both feet, completely.....
It is getting serious.....
Tuesday, September 16, 2008
Another week, another good time with my friend. What on earth did I do to deserve him in my life? He is so so very sweet and wonderful. We have been seeing each other for 7 weeks now....How did that happen? It is interesting and delicious how things work out, God has blessed me in so many ways. I just have to stop and remind myself sometimes that this isn't forever. There is nothing saying that he will still be a part of my life tomorrow or even later today....but he says he isn't running away.
Saturday, September 13, 2008
I went to see The Women last night. I was lonely and didn't want to stay home alone.
The movie moved at a pretty fast pace. Betrayal of a marriage and Betrayal in a friendship makes it look like Mary's life is pretty much ruined, but she doesn't allow that to happen. There are little bits and bobs of other things going on...but really the movie was not life effecting. I don't feel like I wasted my money seeing it or my time....but I don't really remember anything wonderful about the movie at all. There were a few funny lines, but really nothing super.
Go see it....Just don't expect much just enjoy those 114 minutes of your life. Relax.
Thursday, September 11, 2008
and I already miss him. What on earth would it be like if we got to be together all the time? Would I get annoyed by him? Would he get annoyed by me? I mean we both have failed marriages behind us....so what would keep us from failing again?
on a lighter note
He has been here since Tuesday. He met some of my closest friends and everything seemed to go pretty well. I didn't tell him to "shut up" at any point this time around. Funny story about that - on the way to the lake for Labor Day he mentioned that he can't tolerate someone telling him to "chill out" - I promised him I would never do that - mainly because I never say "chill out" so why would I? I went on to say that I hate being told to "Shut Up" in a fight. It is one thing to jokingly say "oh shut up, silly" or something of that nature - but it is different to say it in a fight. It has only happened once - and it didn't go over well at all....ANYWAY - but then I proceeded to tell him to "shut up" all damn weekend. It was horrible! He was being silly and picking and whatnot and I did it, I told him to "shut up" and it was horrible. :( But, that's that.
I really like him. It is really scary. I don't want to get hurt. I don't want to hurt him - but I know that won't happen....me hurting him, because I am crazy about this one. How in the hell did this happen?
Monday, September 8, 2008
So. (I think I start all my posts with "So.")
My new manfriend and I are going down a very dangerous path very quickly. The dangerous path of L-O-V-E.
The other day we were joking about me moving in next door to him. That is kind of a running joke with us. I want to move and he always says "Well, the house next door is still for sale".
We were joking about that and he went on to say "You know our luck, you'll move here and then I will get the job in Indiana and we'll be in the same situation" and I responded "If we want 'us' to work out then we will figure it out". Hmmmm....This opened up the can of worms. He responded "what do you think about us?"
YIKES. I mean, I am crazy about him. Crazy. I am just scared to death about it because how in the hell did this happen? How did I kick out my husband less than 2 months ago and I already find myself in very serious like with someone else? Holy Crap.
I responded to him and said "I like you and I have a great time with you. I think we have lots in common and there is a lot of potential....what do you think?" He responded "I like you a lot, you are a great person and we do have a ton of fun together....I enjoy spending time with you and all of your family. You are great in the bedroom....you have a great outlook on life...and you are making it very hard for me to not fall for you." Holy Crap. So I asked what I can do to help him with this fall. His response "Fall with me so we can cushion each other". Swoon.
Here is how I feel about him for real: He is amazing. He is wonderful. He is pretty much everything I could ask for. The only thing he isn't (and I am perfectly fine with it) is a vegetarian. He reads books, he cooks, he loves his little girl so much, he watches food network and football, he keeps a pretty clean house, he doesn't wear shoes in his house, he is a Christian, oh I don't know...he is so much. AND he seems to be crazy about me too. He is very sweet to me.
I am scared to fall for this one. He is so wonderful. I don't want to hurt him and I don't want to be hurt. Yikes.
Sunday, September 7, 2008
This month my church is doing a series on bridging divisions. Today was about bringing together different religions. I was really excited about the sermon - until I realized that all he was talking about was planting seeds with people of other religions so they will change to Christianity....That is not bridging that is changing. I know in my heart of hearts that God wants us as Christians to witness to people and draw them closer to Him. So, yes, I understand the sermon and I get what the pastor was coaching us on....but don't call it bridging when it clearly isn't. You are not bridging a divide when you are converting people. All you are doing is bringing them to "your side"....
Friday, September 5, 2008
Thursday, September 4, 2008
Is it better to spoil someone or to be spoiled by someone? This is an important question....
It is great to be spoiled - obviously...but isn't it kind of selfish?
It is fantastic to spoil other people too - but - what happens when they don't appreciate it?
What are your thoughts?
Wednesday, September 3, 2008
I am a bit over obsessed with my internet...
Here are the pages I frequent:
Search for these:
the painted house
An Odyssey of Marriage
I took a vacation day both yesterday and today. Yesterday I was at the lake. Today I am home. I feel crappy and I am going to the doctor at 310p. I am upset that there wasn't an earlier appointment....but there is nothing that I can do about it.
So, did I mention that I had a great weekend?!?! Got to hang with my new friend until this morning. He is so cute. He is so sweet. He makes me crazy.