Monday, March 30, 2009

Paralyzed

The other night I had a dream I was paralyzed. It was a "dreamy-dream" consisting of nothing I recognized except myself and C.

Usually when I dream I am located in a place I recognize, but, crazy things are different like whole portions of my house are there that don't really exist or that everything is normal except that I can speak French....Those I consider "regular dreams".

Anyway.

In this dream we were on the second-floor outdoor living space of an Antebellum-ish home. We were napping on a porch swing/bed and I woke up, got off of the strange contraption walked a few steps then fell over - totally paralyzed on my right side. I was just laying there very confused for a few moments until I started yelling out for C...and he wouldn't stir. No matter how loud I yelled for him or how much flailing I did, I couldn't get his attention. The End. I woke almost immediately and started to think, "if we ever build a custom home - I want a second floor porch with a porch swing" and then back to sleep...

The next morning (ahem, afternoon) while we were showering (yes, together - we're adults) I told him about it. I couldn't figure it out, until I said the details aloud. Why would I be having this dream? At first I was a little scared because my back has been hurting - what if it was some sort of foreshadow...?? Of course it isn't! It took a minute, but, I got it - C helped - I was dreaming I was paralyzed because in a way I am. I am paralyzed in my career and in Indiana because I can't get to him. I can't move without a new job, I can't really move on with life until I sell my house, I can't sell my house until I move and I can't move without a job....it is a huge, annoying, and yes,paralyzing circle.

Xxoo,
Frootie!

No comments: