Friday, April 9, 2010

CIO night One


Well, as I was typing the title my gal started crying again.

She has been fussing for about an
hour now. We have consistently gone in to check on her - so don't judge. She is so so tired, but just fights it. She fights sleep with the best of them. She fights sleep even if you are rocking her or bouncing or cuddling her. Tonight we decided we would start the CIO Method. CIO - Cry it Out, for those of you who don't know.

It breaks my heart. Breaks it into a million pieces. But, seriously, the last 2 nights she hasn't wanted to sleep unless it was on my chest. This is fine - in theory. The biggest problem is that I can't rest. I can sleep. I can doze. But, in no way shape or form do I get any rest.

I am not sure how we will ever fix her if we don't try to fix it now. She is a bossy, screamy baby.

See. I tell you.


She's still screaming. I think I shall change the name of the method to "The Scream it Out Method". That is what it is in our house. She isn't crying, she is screaming. She is screaming, then finally settling, dozing off for 5 minutes or so, and then startling herself back awake. Then, it all starts over again.

I hate this. I know we have to do it. Or maybe I can just cosleep with her until she gets married.

xxoo,
Frootie!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

oh Hill, I know what you are going through. And it is hard. You want to hold your little baby in your arms and give all that love you have to her. But then again you want to rest to keep your sanity. :) At some point though, you do just have to let her CIO. I promise it will get better. It's like just one night, poof, she will go to bed without a fight. Sounds like you are doing everything right. She is so cute and I loved her in her little Easter dress.